Fishing and Hunting Licenses

WY Fishing Licenses

Resident Annual $27*
Resident Daily $6*
Resident Youth Annual (ages 13 through 17) $3*
Non-resident Annual $102*
Non-resident Daily $14*
Non-resident Youth (ages 13 through 17) $15*
Conservation Stamp* $15

*All licenses, except daily licenses, require the purchase of an annual Wyoming Conservation Stamp.

Wyoming Fishing Regulations

IMPORTANT: All watercraft using Wyoming waters are required to display an Aquatic Invasive Species decal. Costs for the decal are $10 for motorized watercraft registered in Wyoming, $30 for motorized watercraft registered in other states, $5 for non-motorized watercraft owned by Wyoming residents and $15 for non-motorized watercraft owned by non-residents. Non-motorized inflatable watercraft 10 feet or less in length are exempt.

NOTE: Any watercraft transported into Wyoming from March 1 through November 30 must undergo a mandatory inspection by an authorized inspector prior to launching. Any watercraft that has been in a water infested with zebra/quagga mussels within the last 30 days, is required to undergo a mandatory inspection by an authorized inspector prior to launching during ALL months of the year. All watercraft must stop at any open watercraft check station on their route of travel, even if not intending to launch in Wyoming. Any person transporting a watercraft who did not encounter a mandatory aquatic invasive species check station prior to reaching a water of the state may launch without further inspection if the watercraft has a properly affixed seal applied by an authorized inspector and is accompanied by a valid seal receipt during transit. The person transporting the watercraft may remove the seal immediately prior to launching on the destination water and must retain the seal and valid seal receipt while on the water. For more information regarding the AIS policy in Wyoming, please click link: AIS Information

WY Hunting Licenses

Please click link:  Wyoming Game and Fish and select “Hunting in Wyoming” on the top of the page for all information regarding hunting licenses, applications, application dates, hunt area maps and other requirements to obtain a valid Wyoming hunting permit.

Wind River Tribal Reservation Licenses

The Wind River Tribal Reservation requires anyone traveling on or within the boundaries of the Wind River Indian Reservation to possess a Wind River Tribal Fishing/Trespass Permit regardless of whether one is fishing or just hiking. Failure to have a permit will result in severe fines so don’t push your luck.  Below are the license costs for Wyoming residents and non-residents:

Resident Annual $85*
Resident Daily $25*
Resident 7 day $55*
Resident Senior (Age 60 and over) $35*
Resident Youth (15 thru 17 years old) $10*
Resident Handicap $20*
Non-Resident Annual $125*
Non-Resident 1 day $30*
Non-Resident 7 day $80*
Non-Resident Senior Annual $60*
Non-Resident Youth $25*
Non-Resident Handicap $20*
Recreation Stamp* $10

*All licenses (including daily) require the purchase of an annual Recreation Stamp.

Hunting is not allowed on the Reservation unless one is an enrolled member of the Shoshone or Northern Arapaho Tribe. Any additional information required on hunting, fishing or trespassing on WRIR lands can be answered by the Tribal Game and Fish Department at 307-332-7207.

Anyone using the following trailheads must have a valid WRIR Tribal permit:
Dickinson Park Trailheads
Ink Wells Trailheads
St. Lawrence Basin Trailheads
Washakie Basin Trailheads

The lands within the boundary of the Wind River Indian Reservation are very special and require the use of common sense and respect so that future generations can continue to use these lands. Please respect the laws and regulations of the WRIR. Thank you.